Local stores as well as online retailers where you can get anime/manga merchandise, dvd’s, books, manga, figures, models, etc.
Be sure to review over our bootleg guide if you are questioning a dealer, http://hras.studiojab.com/?page_id=28
– Local Retailers –
Atlantis Games & Comics – http://www.atlantis-comics.com/ – The store carries mainly table top gaming supplies, but also does have some figures. They also have a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/atlantis.games They do host tournaments.
- Atlantis #3 – 9649 1St View St., Norfolk, VA, 23503 (757) 502-8954
- Atlantis #1 – 6231 Portsmouth Blvd, Portsmouth, VA, 23701 (757) 465-1617
Atomic Comics – http://www.atomic-comics-emporium.com/ – Carries the trading card games for pokemon, naruto, yugioh, etc. Sometimes carries manga and misc. merchandise. Host card tournaments on a regular basis.
- ACE #1 – 50 W Mercury Blvd, Hampton, VA 23669-2509
- Ace #2 – 452 Denbigh Blvd, Newport News, VA 23608-3806
Bender’s Comics & Cards – No official website available.This is an older store. He does have some older anime and manga in stock, in a small area of the store. There are also transformers and other toys from the 80’s and 90’s in there.
- 22 South Mallory St (Mellen St), Hampton, VA 23663 (757) 723-3741
Farside Comics and Collectibles – No official website available, just a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FarSideCollectibles .This is a newer store, just opened in April 2013. He does have some anime and manga in stock.
- 798 Poquoson Avenue, Poquoson, VA. 23662 (757) 868-6411
Trilogy Comics – http://www.trilogycomics.net/ – Carries a lot of manga and also carries figures/statues. Sometimes will have miscellaneous anime items. Also has a fb page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trilogy-Comics/151366485025342
- Trilogy, Shop # 1 – 5773 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Trilogy, Shop # 2 – 700 E Little Creek Rd, Norfolk, VA 23518
World’s Best Comics – http://wbcomics.biz/ – The store owner will occasionally take trips to Japan to get some of his merchandise. Big selection, but can be high priced on many of the DVD box sets.
- 9714 Warwick Blvd, Newport News VA 23601 (757) 595-9005
Cool Stuff – No official website available, but here’s the yelp reviews. They are mainly for games, dvds, music, etc. They are one of the best to get good trade ins at. But be cautious when purchasing anime from them. They know their stuff with games, but not really that well on anime and you may end up with a bootleg. Most of the anime that passes through this store is bootleg. Make yourself aware by checking out our guide so you know how to spot them, Bootleg Guide to DVD’s and other Media.
- 4239 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 (757) 495-2665
Oldskool Video Games – http://oldskoolva.com/– Similar to Cool Stuff and 2nd & Charles. You can take your old games and sell them there for cash or store credit and also pick up some video games and video game merchandise.
- 3355 Commander Shepard Blvd, Unit I, Hampton VA 23666 (757) 864-0864
- 5622 Portsmouth Blvd, Portsmouth VA 23701 (757) 488-0999
- 3575 Bridge Road, Ste 6A, Suffolk VA 23435 (757) 484-4242
Video Game Heaven (VGH) – www.videogameheaven.com/– Similar to Cool Stuff and 2nd & Charles. You can take your old games and sell them there for cash or store credit and also pick up some video games and video game merchandise.
- 681 N Battlefield BLVD, Chesapeake, VA 23320 (757) 547-7577 EXT 2
- 1911 Colonial AVE, Norfolk, VA 23517 (757) 547-7577 EXT 1
- 1060 Lynnhaven PKWY, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 (757) 547-7577 EXT 3
2nd & Charles – http://2ndandcharles.com/ . This store is owned by Books-a-Million and is a combination of brand new and used items. You can purchased used anime, manga, board games, video games, and other anime related merchandise as well as take some in to sell outright or get store credit. You get a bit more if you do store credit instead of taking the cash.
- 12747 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA. 23602 (757) 874-2618 – http://2ndandcharles.com/locations/newport-news-va/
Barnes & Noble – http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ – Book store where you can find manga. With member program, you can get manga for discounted prices. You can purchase in the store or online.
- Yoder Plaza Shopping Center, 12170 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23602 757-249-2488
- Peninsula Town Center, 5100 Kilgore Ave, Hampton, VA 23666
- New Town Shops, 5101 Main Street, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- 4485 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- 1212 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Lynnhaven Mall, 701 Lynnhaven Pkwy, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- 12151 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602 – (757) 930-8945
- 4107 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23321 – (757) 465-2306
- 1340 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA 23320 – (757) 549-4635
- 210 Whittakers Trace, Williamsburg, VA 23185 – (757) 220-1352
- 217 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 493-9232
- 3334 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 368-5312
Books a Million – http://www.booksamillion.com/ – Book store where you can find manga. With member program, you can get manga for discounted prices. You can purchase in the store or online. Majority of the stores closed up in the area.
- Books-A-Million store # 931 Virginia Beach
3312 Princess Anne Road, Ste 821, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
F.Y.E. – http://www.fye.com/ – find dvd’s, blu-rays and misc anime merchandise such as bags, blankets, shirts, posters, and misc. items.
- FYE #1455 Patrick Henry Mall – 12300 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602 (757) 249-8550
FYE #1558 – 2304 W Mercury Blvd, Hampton, VA 23666-3115 (757) 826-4885
- FYE #1203 MacArthur Center – 300 Monticello Ave, Norfolk, VA 23510-2426 (757) 622-6398
- FYE #1250 Chesapeake Square – 4200 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23321-2100 (757) 488-9682
- FYE #1459 Greenbrier Mall – 1401 Greenbrier Parkway South, Chesapeake, VA 23320-2872 (757) 420-5366
- FYE – 4485 Virginia Beach Blvd # B, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
GameStop – http://www.gamestop.com/ – find anime related video games for all gaming platforms. They also carry some merchandise. For a list of local stores, check out, http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?zip=23666
- Locations in Chesapeake, Hampton, James City County, Newport News, Norfolk, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, York County/Yorktown, etc. There are over 30 locations in the area.
Hot Topic – http://www.hottopic.com/ – online and at local stores, mainly what’s trending. Wall Scrolls, posters, shirts, bags, wallets, figures, plushies, and other merchandise that is always changing.
- Newport News – Patrick Henry Mall – 12300 Jefferson Ave., Space #816, Newport News, VA 23602 – (757) 269-0299
- Norfolk – McArthur Mall – 300 Monticello Avenue, Space #125, Norfolk, VA 23510 –
- Chesapeake – Greenbrier Mall – 1401 Greenbrier Pkwy S., Space #209, Chesapeake, VA 23320 – (757) 366-0820
- VA Beach – Pembroke Mall – 4554 Virginia Beach Blvd, Suite #201, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 473-1440
- VA Beach – Lynnhaven Mall – 701 Lynnhaven Parkway, Space #1152, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-9053
Spencer’s Gifts – https://www.spencersonline.com/ – online and at local stores, mainly what’s trending. Shirts, posters, backpacks, bags, wallets, and other merchandise that is always changing.
- Patrick Henry Mall Space 810b, 12300 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23602 – 757-249-1134
- Chesapeake Square Space 420, 4200 Portsmouth Boulevard, Chesapeake, VA 23321 – 757-405-0282
- Greenbrier Mall Space 2048, 1401 Greenbrier Parkway, Chesapeake,
VA 23320 – 757-424-2984
- Lynnhaven Mall – Space H-05, 701 Lynnhaven Parkway, Virginia Beach,
VA 23452 – 757-486-6333
Target – http://www.target.com – online and at local stores, sells DVD’s, Blurays, Video Games, and some merchandise like plushies or figures. Best to use website to locate item in store. They will do price matching, so check the list of stores they will price match. Must go to customer service to get price difference taken care of.
- 5001 Holt Ave, Hampton, VA 23666-2282
- 12130 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602-6908
- 4200 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23321-2100 in Chesapeake Square Mall
- 1316 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA 23320-0605
- 233 Carmichael Way, Chesapeake, VA 23322-2182
- 1245 N Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA 23502-2228
- 200 Marquis Pkwy, Williamsburg, VA 23185-5371
- 4630 Monticello Ave, Williamsburg, VA 23188-8200
- 4554 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462-3004
- 2060 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23453-4747
- 525 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-6119
- 2233 Upton Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23454-1186
Toys R Us – http://www.toysrus.com – online and at local stores. Can find some figures, plushies, and video games.
- 12132 JEFFERSON AVENUE, NEWPORT NEWS VA 23602 – (757)249-8697
- 4120 PORTSMOUTH BOULEVARD, CHESAPEAKE VA 23321 – (757)465-0086
- 400 MILITARY HIGHWAY, NORFOLK VA 23502 – (757)461-0440
- 2701 N. MALL DRIVE, SUITE 101, VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23452 – (757)498-8271
Walmart – http://www.walmart.com – online and at local stores, sells DVD’s and rarely has a bluray in the stores. They generally get anime when it’s first released, but once it sells, it’s gone and rarely is restocked in the stores. They do get manga and some pokemon merchandise.
- Locations in Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, York County/Yorktown, etc.
MovieStop – http://www.moviestop.com/ – Dvd’s and Blu-rays. Mostly all new, but will sometimes get used in from time to time. Company is run by GameStop. They do carry merchandise as well from GoHastings. You can find stuff in their stores or also online. Connected to GoHastings.com and GameStop. Locations: Newport News, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Richmond. Stores closed up over the Summer 2016.
– Online Retailers –
These are all Official Merchandise dealers. There are NO bootlegs here.
RightStuf.com – http://www.rightstuf.com – dvd’s, blu-ray, manga, books, guides, shirts, keychains, bags, hats, accessories, and more. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter to get info on sales when they start as well as join their Got Anime program where you get a discount on merchandise on top of some of the already low prices. Free shipping on all orders over $50. They are also associated with Nozomi Entertainment and Lucky Penny.
Funimation – http://www.funimation.com/ – You can buy direct from them, but most of the time you end up getting referred to RightStuf.com
Sentai Filmworks – https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/ – You can buy direct from them
Viz / Viz Media – http://www.viz.com/ – You can buy direct from them
NiS America – http://store.nisamerica.com/ – You can buy direct from them. Sometimes have extra goodies/merchandise thrown in with items as special promotions.
Alicia’s Anime – http://aliciasanime.com/ – They are found at most of the cons that are within 4 hours of our area and have authentic stuff. NO bootlegs or fakes. Most know them as the t-shirt vendors and the ones that sell hello kitty bags and accessories. Most shirts are around $15 each.
AmiAmi – http://amiami.com/ – mainly Figures and some other items from Japan
Books-a-Million – http://www.booksamillion.com/ or http://www.bamm.com – Book store where you can find manga. With member program, you can get manga for discounted prices. You can purchase in the store or online. Update Jan. 2016: All of the local stores have closed, but you can still purchase online.
DVD Pacific – http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/ – dvd’s and blu-rays
E2046.com – http://www.e2046.com/ – figures and model kits, garage kits
Entertainment Earth – http://www.entertainmentearth.com/ – figures, toys, and misc. items
Good Smile Company – http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/ – Figures
Hobby Link Japan – http://www.hlj.com/ – Figures and model kits from Japan
Jet.com – https://jet.com/ – find figures, dvd’s, and more. Don’t usually care the newest releases, but can find stuff that’s been out for a while at a better price. Plus free shipping on orders over $35.00
Kotobukiya – http://store.kotous.com/ – Figures/Statues
MyFigureCollection.net – http://myfigurecollection.net/ – Figures and misc items from people in a community. Majority are anti-bootleg and have great prices on official stuff. Great place to buy and sell on.
Pokemon Center – http://www.pokemoncenter.com/ – All things pokemon from the official source. Items only stay in stock for a short time and generally once sold out, that is it. Nearest store to us is the New York City location. Japan has the stores. Plushies are of much better quality, being from Japan, than their US counterparts.
Tokyo Otaku Mode – http://otakumode.com/ – Figures, plushies, and more from Japan
Tomy – http://tomy.com/pokemon – US license holder and distributor of Pokemon items in the USA. Can purchase figures and plushies direct from them.
ThinkGeek – http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/anime-and-manga – Variety of items from gag gifts, pins, blankets, sleeping bags, kitchenware, office decor, figures, jewelry, clothing, props, plushies, and more. Starting in late 2016, some of their merchandise started to show up at GameStops.
Official Sites but with possibility of finding a bootleg:
Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/ – dvd’s, blu-rays, manga, posters, wall scrolls, and more; Beware of bootlegs that are also sold on here.
Half.com – http://www.half.com/ – dvd’s, blu-rays, manga, and more; Site is great for selling or buying text books. In order to list something, sellers must have the UPC code, so it’s a much lower chance of getting a bootleg on there.
eBay – http://www.eBay.com/ – dvd’s, blu-rays, manga, posters, wall scrolls, and more; Beware of bootlegs that are also sold on here. eBay has a new rule about sellers not selling bootlegs, so what most of them are doing now is wording it as not official or doing fancy wording to trick the buyers. Some are still not noting it. Be cautious and reference our bootleg guide and ask in the our community if you are not sure.
Bonanza – http://www.bonanza.com/ – dvd’s, blu-rays, manga, posters, wall scrolls, and more; Beware of bootlegs that may be sold on here.
– Online Buy, Sell, Trade Groups –
Online groups like on facebook where people buy, sell, and trade anime merchandise. In order to sell items, majority require proof of seller feedback.
Our forum to see what other members have for sell or trade, http://hras.studiojab.com/?forum=buy-sell-trade. You can also check out our facebook group to see what members are selling.
- Hampton Roads Anime Society https://www.facebook.com/groups/127689024003657/
- Virginia Otakus https://www.facebook.com/groups/VA.Otakulike.Sales/
- VA Anime, Manga, Games, Cosplay, Books, And Jewelry: Sell, Buy, And Trade – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1629580537294210/
- Otaku Craigslist https://www.facebook.com/groups/395056377289752/
- Anime Sellers Galore https://www.facebook.com/groups/779108788832118/
- Anime, Manga, Cosplay: Buy, Trade, & Sell – https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMC.BTS/
- Sailor Moon/Misc Anime buy sell trade – https://www.facebook.com/groups/sailormoonmiscanimeuyselltrade/
- Sailor Moon anime goods buy sell trade – https://www.facebook.com/groups/sailormoonanimebuyselltrade/
- Sailor moon/misc anime buy sell trade page https://www.facebook.com/Sailor-moonmisc-anime-buy-sell-trade-page-401946419971044/
- Anime Merchandise (No Cosplay) – Buy, Sell, Trade – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1561612617438151/
- Anime Paradise Trade, Sell, and Cosplay – https://www.facebook.com/groups/463667736989713/
- Buy Sell Trade: Anime Manga Cosplay https://www.facebook.com/cosplaycloset
- Anime/Manga/Cosplay Buy/Trade/Sell https://www.facebook.com/Animemangacosplay-buy-swapsell-292177430938768/
- The Castle https://www.facebook.com/TheCastleTyler/info?tab=page_info
Trevis.com – http://www.tervis.com/customizer-ldg – create your own customizeable cup with an image of your choice.
Sanrio.com – http://www.sanrio.com/custom-shop/ – create a customized gadget case from an assortment of images they have available for this project.
Local Artists & Online Artworks
TeeTurtle.com – https://www.teeturtle.com/ – fanart shirts of artwork and mashups, pins, plushies, socks, and more
ShirtPunch.com – https://www.shirtpunch.com/ – fan art shirts
TeeFury.com – https://teefury.com/ – fan art shirts
TeePublic.com – https://www.teepublic.com/ – fan art shirts
Etsy.com – http://www.etsy.com – artwork, crafts, everything
Wish.com – http://www.wish.com – artwork, crafts, everything – mostly knockoffs but cheap goods
Shlii Kawaii – http://www.shlii.com/ – local artist
Shops listed here have a lot of fanart items. Since that is not official merchandise and done by artists, there are a lot of stores listed all around.
If you know of more reliable retailers, please contribute that information to our list. You can do this by joining us on social media or posting a comment on our meetup site. Thanks!