FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – If You Want To Eat Carbs On Carbs, Try Making The Yakisoba Pan From “Boruto” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/06/07/if-you-want-to-eat-carbs-on-carbs-try-making-the-yakisoba-pan-from-boruto
“Ingredients for Yakisoba Pan:
3 packs of Yakisoba.
1 medium yellow onion
1-2 cups cabbage, cut into stips (about 1/2 of a small cabbage)
1/2-1 cup yakisoba sauce*
Salt and pepper
Olive Oil (for the pan)
Hot dog buns (regular is fine, but if you can, go for fancy ones to up the quality of the overall dish)
Aonori (seaweed prepared to use as a fine garnish)
Beni Shoga (pickled ginger, cut into strips, normally bright red)
*you can easily make your own yakisoba sauce! Find the recipe for that here.
To Make Yakisoba Pan:
1. Slice onion and cabbage thinly.
2. Separate yakisoba into individual strands by soaking with hot water- put in a sieve and run the water over the noodles, breaking up with your hands gently.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. When ready, throw in onions and soften, about 3-4 minutes. Put in cabbage and cover with a lid. Cook about 2 minutes until cabbage is wilted and bright green.
4. Dump in yakisoba sauce and noodles. Toss the noodles to thoroughly coat the noodles.
5. Take off heat and set aside. Split a hot dog bun open, and fill with yakisoba.
6. Garnish with aonori and beni shoga! Wrap in plastic to eat later, or eat immediately for instant carb-replenishing relief.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”