FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Yakisoba from “Kenka Bancho Otome” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/05/10/feature-cooking-with-anime-yakisoba-from-kenka-bancho-otome
3/4 pound pork (I chose bacon) cut into pieces
3 bags of Yakisoba noodles
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
4 tsp oyster sauce
4 tsp ketchup
4 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 or more eggs (optional)
Instead of making the sauce from scratch, you can substitute the sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup, and wrocestershire sauce with 1/2 cup of yakisoba sauce, which can be bought pre-made from most Asian supermarkets.
1. Chop pork and cabbage into bite sized pieces.
2. Combine sauce ingredients, and stir through until smooth.
3. Loosen up noodles under warm tap water. Gently separate into individual strands.
4. Over medium high heat, cook pork (about 5 minutes). When done, add in cabbage and cook down until some of the water has released and it’s nice and green (about 1 minute).
5. Add in yakisoba noodles and toss with pork and cabbage.
6. Add in sauce and toss through until everything is evenly coated.
7. If you wish to add an egg, make a hole in the middle of the noodles and crack in the egg- scramble to cook.
8. Plate it up!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”