FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Scones from “Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/04/19-1/feature-cooking-with-anime-scones-from-akashic-records-of-bastard-magic-instructor
Recipe adapted from here.
2 cups of flour/ gluten free flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup butter, cubed and cold
1/8 cup sugar/ sugar substitute
1/2 cup milk + 2 tbs for glaze
Devonshire cream/ clotted cream and jam to top the scone
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift together dry ingredients.
3. Work cold butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers until mixture is sandy.
4. Add milk all at once, and mix together until dough holds shape when pressed together.
5. Turn out and press into a 3/4 inch disc. Cut out 2 inch scones.
6. Bake for 10 minutes!
7. Garnish with clotted cream or devonshire cream and jam and preserves.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”