FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Manju from “Sakura Quest” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/04/26-1/feature-cooking-with-anime-manju-from-sakura-quest
Recipe adapted from here.
1/2 cup flour or 1/2 gluten free flour (Cup 4 Cup or Krusteaz Gluten Free Flour work great!)
1 egg, beaten and divided
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs condensed milk
1/2 tbs melted butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup koshian (smooth red bean paste)
1. Combine half of beaten egg, sugar, condensed milk, and butter in a bowl.
2. Sift in flour and baking soda. Mix together and form dough into a disc. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour-overnight.
3. Divide red bean paste into 9 pieces, and roll into equal sized balls.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F. When dough is ready, divide and roll into 9 pieces.
5. Flatten a ball of dough between your hands, and, when big enough, tuck a ball of bean paste inside the dough and pinch the edges together. Roll gently to smooth seams. Place seam down on a lined baking sheet.
6. Using the remaining egg, wash the manju with the egg to give a nice shine when in the oven.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown and tops are shiny.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”