Crunchyroll FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Shokupan from “ACCA: 13 Territory Inspection Department” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/03/08-1/feature-cooking-with-anime-shokupan-from-acca-13-territory-inspection-department
Recipe taken from here. Ingredient measurements below shifted slightly to accomodate US measurements, which I hand-weighed out.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tbs dried milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs softened butter
*You will also need to purchase a shokupan. I got mine here.
1. Combine water, sugar, and yeast. Stir together and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2. When foamy, pour into a stand mixer bowl along with powdered milk, flour, and salt. Knead with dough hook for 7-8 minutes.
3. Then, add in softened butter. Knead for another 7-8 minutes until smooth and tacky to touch.
4. Shape dough into a ball in the bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap, and set aside for 1 hour someplace warm or until doubled in size.
5. Prepare shokupan pan- butter all sides thoroughly, including lid. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
6. When dough is ready, flour a work surface and turn dough out onto the surface. Pat gently to get some of the air out. Divide into 4 pieces.
7. Shape each piece into a smooth ball with rough edges tucked underneath.
8. Place balls side by side in the pan, and put the lid on. Set the pan aside for 1 last rise, about 45 minutes or until dough is 3/4 of the way up the pan.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes with the lid on, or until golden brown with a hard crust to the touch.
10. Allow to cool, about 30 minutes to an hour.
11. And now it’s done!!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog for more anime and manga themed food. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! :D”
- 10 g dry yeast
- 40 g sugar
- 420 ml water, lukewarm
- 600 g bread flour
- 20 g dried milk
- 10 g salt
- 40 g butter, room temperature
- Oil the bread pan with oil or butter. Preheat oven at 400F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add yeast, sugar, and warm water, and whisk well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add bread flour, dried milk, and salt to the mixer bowl, and knead for 7-8 minutes with a dough hook. Then add soft butter and knead for another 7-8 minutes.
- When the dough becomes smooth, make it into a ball, then let it rise covered with plastic for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, make into balls, and put them in the pan side by side. Let it rise again about 45 minutes, covered, or until the dough rises to 3/4 of the height of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove immediately from the pan.