Chocolate Chestnut Cream Mochi – https://www.buzzfeed.com/jodyduits/7-japanese-desserts-from-tasty-japan
Chocolate Chestnut Cream Mochi
1 cup shiratamako (glutinous rice flour)
⅔ cup fine sugar
1 cup water
Potato starch or cornstarch
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon chestnut syrup (syrup in the canned chestnuts)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 canned chestnuts, diced
12 butter cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine shiratamako, sugar, and water. Mix.
- Cover with saran wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Let it sit for 1 minute, wrapped.
- Sprinkle your tabletop with enough potato starch to avoid sticking. Mix the mochi mixture and place on top of the starch.
- Using a rolling pin, stretch mochi out very thin (about ½ cm to 1 cm thickness).
- Set aside until it gets to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, syrup, and cocoa powder. Whip until small peaks form.
- Add the diced chestnuts and fold them into the cream.
- Slice the mochi sheet into 12 even pieces. Or depending on the cookie used for the base, make sure to have 2 cm to fold under.
- Place a spoonful of cream on the cookie.
- Place one sheet of mochi over the cream and fold under the cookie.
- Garnish with more cocoa powder.