FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Treasure Hunting for MEAT?? “Restaurant To Another World” Makes Anything Possible! – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/07/19/treasure-hunting-for-meat-restaurant-to-another-world-makes-anything-possible
“Ingredients for Minced Meat Cutlet:
*Note: This makes a LOT, at least 16 cutlets. I would halve if you’re only feeding yourself or one or two other people.
-1 lb ground pork
-1 lb ground chicken
-1 cup panko
-1/2 cup milk
-2 eggs, scrambled
-1/8 tsp nutmeg
-Salt and Pepper
-4 Eggs, scrambled
-Head of Cabbage
-1 Yellow Onion
To Make Minced Meat Cutlet:
1. Prep your veggies. Cut lemon into wedges, mince onion, and slice cabbage thinly. Set aside for later.
2. Mix 1 cup panko with 1/2 cup milk, and set aside.
3. Mix ground meats with salt and pepper. Add in scrambled eggs, and mix again. Add in panko mixture, and mix again. Add in onions, and mix again. Finally, add in nutmeg and mix again. (All the mixing helps evenly distribute fats throughout the mixture, which is what we want).
4. Form meat into small patties. Make sure they’re a bit thinner in the middle than they are on the edges. Set aside in the freezer about 30 minutes or until hardened slightly.
5. Heat up canola oil to 350 F (if you insert a wooden spoon handle, the handle will bubble in the oil). There should be enough oil in your pan to cover the patties, or come up at least halfway.
6. Next, dredge the patties. Coat patties first in flour, then in egg, then in panko. Immediately put into the fryer for crispiest results.
7. Cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown, or until clear juices run from the patty. Drain on paper towels.
8. Once you are done frying, plate up! Garnish with lemon wedge, cabbage, and katsu sauce.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My Tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”