FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Ooooh, heaven is a place on earth. Aoyama kun does it again with this cheese filled hamburger steak! – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/09/23-1/ooooh-heaven-is-a-place-on-earth-aoyama-kun-does-it-again-with-this-cheese-filled-hamburger-steak
“Ingredients for the Cheese Filled Hamburger Steak:
Hamburger steak recipe adapted from here.
1/2 finely diced yellow onion
1 pound ground beef and pork (half and half)
1/2 cup panko
2 tbsp milk
Cheese of your choice, cut into blocks.
1/4 cup red wine
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
To Make the Cheese Filled Hamburger Steak:
1. Cut cheese into blocks. Finely dice the onion.
2. Heat a pan to medium. Add olive oil. When ready, add in the onion and salt.
3. Let cook about 20 minutes until golden brown, stirring every once in a while to prevent burning.
4. When ready, set the onion aside to cool. Meanwhile, combine meats, egg, panko, salt, and pepper and stir into a paste.
5. When cooled, add in the onion and incorporate into the meat mixture.
6. Seperate into 4 parts. One by one, take up each portion of meat and slap back and forth between your hands to push air bubbles out of the meat. Roughly form into an oval.
7. Push a cheese block into the middle and close the meat around it. Pat back and forth between hands to shape properly. Set aside until all patties are formed.
8. Heat a pan to high heat. Add in a touch of olive oil. When ready, place patties into the pan. Press down centers to combat rising of the patties while they cook. Cook about 5 minutes, and then flip.
9. Once patties are flipped, add in red wine and cover. Cook about 8-10 minutes until fully cooked. When ready, remove the lid and remove patties from the pan.
10. To the remaining wine, add the butter, ketchup, worcestershire and stir to combine. Allow it to thicken over the heat for a moment, and then remove and prepare to serve with the steaks.
11. Plate with some roasted veggies, lay down a layer of sauce, and put the steak on top of the sauce. Decorate with a bit more sauce, and then it’s done!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My Tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”