FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Feeding fairies can be tricky business, but “Restaurant to Another World” gives us the perfect solution! – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/09/20/feeding-fairies-can-be-tricky-business-but-restaurant-to-another-world-gives-us-the-perfect-solution
“Ingredients for the Mixed Fruit Crepe:
Crepe recipe adapted from here.
1 cup of cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
Pineapple, cut into chunks (canned)
Mandarin orange slices in syrup
Whole kiwi, cut into bite-sized pieces
Mint leaves (garnish)
To Make the Mixed Fruit Crepe:
1. Start by whipping the cream. Place cream in a metal or glass bowl and beat with a whisk or a hand mixer.
2. When soft peaks are achieved, add in the sugar and the vanilla.
3. Keep whisking or beating until medium stiff peaks have formed.
4. Place into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and set aside.
5. Prepare fruit by cutting into bit sized pieces. Set aside
6. Put flour in a bowl with eggs. Whisk to combine. Add in the milk. Whisk to combine. Add in the water. Whisk to combine.
7. Finally, add in the melted butter and the salt. Whisk to combine.
8. Heat a pan to high heat. Lightly butter the pan.
9. Ladle batter into the pan- about 1/2 cup depending on size of your pan. Immediately spread the batter around the pan by lifting the pan and rotating until batter completely covers the bottom of the pan.
10. After about two minutes, flip the pancake. Allow to cook another minute.
11. Put crepe on a plate, and fold in half. Pipe rows of whipped cream over the middle third of the half circle, in the shape of a slice of pie.
12. Place fruit strategically around the whipped cream. Finish by adding strawberry jam over the fruit.
13. Fold the edges of the crepe over the filling, so it is completely encased.
14. Garnish with chocolate syrup and mint leaves.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My Tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! :D”