FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – I Didn’t Burn My Eyes with Spices Making Curry Chicken from “Restaurant to Another World”!! – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/09/13-1/i-didnt-burn-my-eyes-with-spices-making-curry-chicken-from-restaurant-to-another-world
“Ingredients for the Chicken Curry:
Adapted from this recipe.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp water
15 oz crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
1 tsp garam masala
To Make the Chicken Curry:
1. Finely chop the onion. Grate or mince the garlic. Cut chicken into cubes and salt generously.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. When hot, brown the chicken in batches, making sure to brown each side. Set aside on a plate.
3. Leaving the oil and liquids in the pan, sautee the onion, garlic, and ginger about 5-10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add in the curry powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and one tablespoon of water. Stir and let cook, about one minute.
5. Add in the tomatoes and water. Salt generously. Add the chicken back in. Stir through.
6. Add in the yogurt. Stir through and cover. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
7. Add in the garam masala. Stir through. Let simmer another 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
8. Give a final stir through, and serve with rice.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My Tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! :D”