FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Easy Valentine’s Chocolate from “Gintama” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/02/08-1/feature-cooking-with-anime-easy-valentines-chocolate-from-gintama
- 1 bag of Candy Melts
- Candy Melts in complementary colors, for decoration
- Parchment paper
- A spatula or knife for spreading chocolate
1. Using parchment paper or acetate, cut out a heart shape. Lay out a sheet of parchment paper/acetate to pour the chocolate on.
2. Pour Candy Melts into a plastic bowl (plastic bowl doesn’t hold heat- so it won’t burn the chocolate. A Tupperware will work!) and melt according to package instructions, stirring after each go in the microwave.
3. Pour the chocolate onto the big piece of parchment paper and spread it out so that it is bigger than your heart template.
4. Allow to harden, about 10-15 minutes, until the top is firm but it is still a bit flexible when you pick up the corners of the paper to try to bend it.
5. Lay heart template on top and cut around the edges with a knife. Allow to harden completely, 20 minutes or until solid to the touch.
6. Melt contrasting color Candy Melt by placing the melts in a plastic bag and placing in a bowl of hot water until melted.
7. Snip off the tip of the plastic bag and decorate according to your heart’s desires. I, of course, chose to decorate this with the love of my life in mind. *COUGH COUGH CRUNCHYROLL COUGH COUGH* Does this mean I get a White Day gift? #whitedaygift4emily. Let’s make this a reality, guys. *COUGH COUGH COUGH* I mean…what?
Work quickly- if the chocolate hardens in the tip, it will make it difficult to pipe out decorations. In this case, you can pinch the chocolate out of the tip. If it all hardents, switch the chocolate to a new bag and remelt before cutting off the tip to go back to decorating.
8. And now it’s done!! Package as you wish and give to a loved one :3