FEATURE: Cooking With Anime – Butter Cake from “WorldEnd” – http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2017/05/31/feature-cooking-with-anime-butter-cake-from-worldend
“Ingredients for Butter Cake:
1 1/3 cup cake flour, sifted 3 times
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated
4 tbs melted butter, divided
3 tbsp milk
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
To Make Butter Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line a 7 or 8 inch baking round with parchment paper. Grease, and set aside.
3. Mix together 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Put egg whites and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, and mixture is glossy and smooth.
5. Fold in egg yolks. Then, fold in milk, almond extract, and melted butter.
6. Sift in cake flour, and fold into batter, being careful to stop as soon as you no longer see unmixed flour.. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl!
7. Fill prepared cake pan. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Brush the rest of the melted butter over the top. Place candied almonds. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place back in oven for 3-4 minutes, to allow the sugar to melt very slightly, and to let the candied almonds stick to the cake top.
9. Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Serve within the day- best on the first day.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Check in next week for another recipe. To check out more anime food recipes, visit my blog. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below! I recently got a Twitter, so you can follow me at @yumpenguinsnack if you would like, and DEFINITELY feel free to send me food requests! My tumblr is yumpenguinsnacks.tumblr.com. Find me on Youtube for more video tutorials! Enjoy the food, and if you decide to recreate this dish, show me pics! 😀”