Fluffy Japanese Pancakes – https://www.buzzfeed.com/jodyduits/7-japanese-desserts-from-tasty-japan
Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
2 egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
¾ cup pancake mix
4 egg whites
Butter, to serve
Syrup, to serve
Assorted berries, to serve
- Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and pancake mix in a very large bowl until it is smooth with no large lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
- Grease two 3.5-inch metal ring molds and set them in the middle of a pan over the lowest heat possible. Fill the molds about ¾ of the way full with the batter, then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.
- Release the pancakes from the bottom of the pan with a spatula, then carefully flip them over, making sure not to spill any batter inside.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with butter, syrup, and assorted berries!