- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Spinach, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Dashi Powder (Optional)
- Vegetable or Olive Oil
- Heat up a small pan (preferably with high sides) on low-medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add about 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, add the dashi powder, chili oil, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and beat the eggs with a fork.
- When the oil in the pan is hot, pour half of the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl/Spread the egg around the pan so that it fills the bottom, and then sprinkle half of the spinach and mozzarella over the egg.
- Let the under side of the egg slowly cook. Then, using a spatula (or even two spatulas), lift up a 1 inch portion of the egg and fold it over the top. Let the egg cook a little bit, and then repeat folding the egg, until it’s all rolled up.
- Push the rolled omelette back to the other side of the pan, and pour the rest of the egg in. Sprinkle the last of the spinach and cheese onto the egg, and repeat step 4 using the already rolled egg as the inside.
- Let the rolled omelette slowly cook in the pan until the wider sides are nice and browned.
- Take the omelette out, and slice it into half inch slices. Mix together the maple syrup and the last of the soy sauce, and pour on top of the rolled omelette.”