Known OFFICIAL Figure and Model Companies
S.H.Figuarts / Bandai
Tomy / Takara
Good Smile Company (makes Nendoroids) / Crypton Future Media
Wave / Wave Corportation
Character and Anime Dot Com
Which figure company….. – http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/4750
Some guides on how to spot the fakes and tell the difference. More are listed at the bottom of the main Bootleg Info Guide article in the resources/references section.
- Bootleg Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Miku – http://www.goodsmile.info/post/en/3354/Nendoroid+Sakura+Miku+Bootleg+Distribution.html. The official versions are like this, http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/03/05/nendoroid-sakura-miku-3/ and this, http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3655/Nendoroid+Sakura+Miku.html.
Snow Miku #97 Bootleg info: http://www.tomopop.com/bootleg-hell-snow-miku-vs-real-miku-13869.phtml, review of official version – http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-gsc-nendoroid-97-snow-miku-14572.phtml
Snow Miku 2012 (fluffy jacket) known issues/bad quality control –http://www.tomopop.com/nendoroid-snow-miku-2012-arrives-with-issues-26817.phtml
- More Nendoroid Bootlegs to be aware of – http://www.goodsmile.info/page/en/post/all/kaizoku/all/all/all/published/1.html
- Bad Quality Control from Good Smile Company – http://kettenkrad.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/good-smile-gives-people-frowns/
- How to spot a fake Nendoroid – http://nyotaku.com/2012/11/25/how-to-spot-a-fake-nendoroid/
- Mikatan’s Blog – Good Smile Company and Figure Reviews – http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/ – Official!!
Samples of bootlegs:
Figuarts Zero of Sailor Venus. The pictures above are for a bootleg. On the official versions, the paint work is very immaculate, with a few minor flaws here and there, but nothing major. The quality of the materials is of a higher grade and the seams are nearly invisible on the official versions. This bootleg has all kinds of problems from the incorrect gem stone color in her tiara, the single line instead of double line on her top, to the seams showing on her head and legs to flecks of paint coming off to the joints on her love me heart chain. The bootlegs in the zero collection are even copying the official stamps from the manufacturer.
**More example photos coming soon.